Thursday, August 11, 2011

so many blessings

Alright, time for a little more catching up...

A couple weeks ago our bishop taught sunday school and my husband and I both thought it was a great lesson. He taught us about the temple- all the wonderful, important, sacred truths about the temple. It got me thinking about several things. First, I've had my mental list of "things I want to do in Philly" and of course have been hoping to get all them done in the year that we are here. I want to go home having "experienced" the east and of course I still want to do that but since I have been here and especially going to church and seeing how few of us Latter Day Saints there are, my list of "things I want to do in Philly" has changed a bit, or atleast the priority has. I'm starting to realize that if I go home having done what I want to do- that's fine, but if I don't go home a changed person, more mature, spiritual, and self confident, then really nothing else matters. So, my goals here now are more along the lines of: Serving someone everyday, give more compliments to people, smile and say "hello" more, talk to people about the church, invite people over for dinner, visit the nursing homes,... etc. I want to go home a better person than I came. That's my goal and I know the key to that is the same key to happiness- service.

Last night I got to talk to a dear friend. We only talked for 15-20 minutes but it was so fun! I love this girl. I truly do. We connect and understand each other really well. We just caught up on what's been going on the last few weeks and had a great conversation. She is an incredible example to me in so many ways and the Spirit radiates from her. Honestly, you can just feel her goodness. I feel privileged to be her friend. (Thanks for talking to me L- it helped me so much!)

Today my husband, daughter and I hopped in the car and I got to take a trip down memory lane. It was soooo fun! And something I've been hoping that I would one day get to show my husband. Today we drove to the town I nannied in a few years ago!! Memories came flooding back as we drove all around the town and especially driving past the house I lived in. Oh how I love the family I nannied for. I will always be grateful to them for letting me have such an incredible experience there and for being so good to me. It's a town that's very dear to me because I feel like I did so much growing up there. It was my first time away from home and of course some days were hard but I grew leaps and mounds there. It's been 3 years since I've been there so it was sooooo awesome to go back today. (K and T I thought about you guys so much!)

I have witnessed the Lord's hand in our lives so much out here in everything we've done. I know He is watching over us and has sent extra helping hands to us at times. We have received so many blessings and we are so grateful. Being away from home is really helping me learn to rely on my Savior more. It's different here, living outside the "bubble". There's pro's and con's to wherever you live and I'm glad I'm where I am right now because I feel I'm being stretched and tried in ways that I couldn't had we stayed where we were. I feel my relationship with my Savior growing in so many different ways. It's wonderful and I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've already been given to learn and become better. I know this is where my family is supposed to be right now and that is such a comfort. We are growing and learning and becoming closer together as a family. I love it.

Life is good!

1 comment: