Tuesday, August 2, 2011

CHANGE

Wow. So much change lately. So many things I don't want to forget and I'm so far behind so I have so much to write down!

Well let's rewind a few weeks ago...we got a storage unit, packed up our old apartment, put most things in the storage unit then went and lived with my parents the last two weeks in Idaho. It was awesome. My daughter loves my mom and my grandma (who lives next door to my mom) so she was in heaven. The last two weeks in Idaho are almost a blur now.... so much happened.

It was hard saying goodbye. Really hard. Mostly taking my girl away from her grandma and great grandma because I know how attached they all are and what a special bond they share. But now that we are here we are so happy and truly loving it.

Some amazing things that happened before we left Rexburg:
My husband and I got to know another couple and we became such great friends! Not just casual friends but real, true, sincere friends that we hope to always keep in touch with. Isn't it such a blessing to find friends like that? Friends that make you want to be better people, friends that you feel a real connection with and you know it's not just an ordinary friendship? That's how we feel about them- we love them and we want the best for them and we will for sure keep in touch with them. Some fun things we did together- games, tin foil dinners, roasting marshmallows, mini golf, tennis, dutch oven, boating (the 1st time), kerri anne's, and just chatting. We miss them so much already!
Okay, my cousin who I have grown up with my whole life and whom I love as much as life itself was due with her first baby the 24th of July. I was scheduled to fly out the 19th. Well at her doctor's appointment they said they would induce her the 18th! I was extremely excited and nervous and anxious just hoping the baby would come quick enough for me to see her before I had to head to SLC to fly out early that next morning- the 19th. Well, my cousin went into labor on her own and had her baby the 17th!!! I cannot even tell you what a blessing and tender mercy that was to me. It meant so much to me that I was able to see her baby before I had to leave. I will never forget walking into the hospital room for the first time. I started tearing up automatically before I even saw the baby and then I looked at my cousin and she started tearing up too but she also had a look of pure joy on her face. It's something I can't explain but I know I will never forget that moment or the feelings in that room. It was totally incredible.
Along with that neat experience, I also had another experience that taught me how precious life is. It's not a story I necessarily want to dwell on or remember but there were some really neat things that came from it too so I will just share the basics. My small family, our awesome friends, and 4 others were involved in a terrible boating accident that resulted in a girl from another boat losing her life. It was awful, and there are sounds and images I want erased from my mind but at the same time I know the Lord's hand was in everything that happened. I know he blessed us in so many ways and I have come out a stronger person through all of this and it has strengthened my relationship with my Savior. Priesthood blessings were given, testimonies were shared, and a lot of us have become better people.

Now we are here in Pennsylvania- sometimes it seems a world away and other times not. We truly love it here and are trying to soak up every minute of it because we know how fast time flies. I have my moments of being homesick but at the same time wherever my husband and daughter are will always be home. We are happy to be here and we hope for lots of missionary experiences. We are so excited to see what this chapter of our lives bring. Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Saying goodbye to family is hard! So cool that you were able to see your cousins baby before you left. There is a sweetness that comes into a family with the birth of a baby--it just makes everything so much better! It's fun to see you and your little family do all these great things. Good luck to you guys as you get settled in!

    ReplyDelete