Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Here I come!

Okay, so I've been using this blog more to write down my feelings about big things or events that mean a lot and I want to remember. Which is good, it's been great. Now, I'm going to start using it as a journal to keep track of my days/weeks better. So, not everything on here will be super interesting or exciting- just what's going on in the daily life of me :) Feel free to continue checking in and reading if you'd like, otherwise I totally understand if you want to delete this blog from your list. Anyway, here goes!

Yesterday was a pretty productive day! I kept myself super busy which was a huge blessing because I have pretty much had my husband all to myself since April. April folks! That's a long time and it has been soooooo fun. I know, I've been spoiled and I totally took advantage of it. It's been fantastic! Well yesterday reality hit again. My husband started his first day of PA school. But I must say, we are extremely excited for him to start his graduate program and it does feel good to get back on a schedule. So my daughter and I walked up to school with him yesterday, kissed him and waved goodbye, then went for a morning jog. It felt good but I won't even say how far I went because for some people it would be a mere walk.
Then we headed to wal-mart to get groceries because we were feeding the missionaries for dinner. Well, bless my heart, I rarely ever go down the "prepared dinners" isle or even looked at the packaged food ( if you can even call it food) because I know how bad it is for you. Well, with all of America talking about eating healthy and stopping obesity, more exercise...etc who would have thought in wal mart I'd find a heart attack on a stick. Ha I was disgusted and had to laugh at it. Sausage and pancakes. Okay, let me tell you it was exactly like a corn dog! Sausage on a stick with a breaded coating around it that was a pancake! For real? Bless our hearts. That's almost as bad as the "goobers" - peanut butter and jelly in the same jar. Anyway, I just could hardly believe it when I saw it and maybe I need to bless those who buy it.
The rest of the day went well. Sadie took a good nap, the missionaries enjoyed dinner and desert and my husband and I fell asleep watching a movie about LeBron James.

*Something else I don't want to forget about yesterday- I got onto youtube and played a church song for my daughter that had a slideshow of Jesus Christ on it. She was so cute and kept pointing at the computer saying "Jesus" in her sweet way she says it. Then she wrapped both her little arms around my neck several times and kept giving me hugs. (sigh) It really is amazing how fast music can invite the Spirit into a room.

*A couple days ago my husband was saying family prayer and I wanted him to pray about something specific so I was going to whisper it to him while he was praying so he would remember to include it and just as I was about to whisper to him he started praying for that very thing. Tears rolled down my face and I felt such a closeness with him. I love those moments.

Life is good!

1 comment: