Sunday, May 1, 2011

Feelings

Wow. I feel like I'm starting to overcome a huge trial. It feels great! And I'll explain how that has come to pass but let me back track a bit. Goodnight- I have been ridiculously down about everything lately. It has stunk. No fun. But I felt like I could not get out of this mode I was in. I'd like to blame it on the weather and although it hasn't helped, I know I'm only to blame. Because happiness is a choice-it's a state of being. Circumstances don't define happiness. But needless to say, I have been really struggling lately. Motivation, self-esteem, confidence, contentment- you name it. It all took a toll on me. I know we all have moments like this- so let me tell you what has helped me out:

I just finished reading a book.

A great book!

It's called Defined by Christ by Toni Sorensen. I loved it. She has a unique style of writing but I truly enjoyed it and it helped me so much.

This lady who wrote the book has had one. hard. life. Anyone who has read the book will know that because she talks about it. She talks about how for so long she let everyone around her and her circumstances define who she was. Then she embarked on a journey and talks about 7 truths (that apply to everyone) she learned in discovering who she really was and how she learned to let herself be defined by Christ only.

Isn't that refreshing? All the worldly pressures can just go out the window! The only person we should let define us is our Savior, Jesus Christ.

I love that.

And when we can learn to be defined by Christ we will have the greatest self esteem, amazing motivation and confidence. Because that is how Christ see's us. He is always rooting us on, always there to help, full of unconditional love.

So, goodbye bad self esteem, no motivation, contentment, and confidence- I know who I am and I've got lots to do! It feels good.

1 comment:

  1. YAY! :) I will have to read that book sometime! It sounds WONDERFUL!!! And darling I LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete