Monday, May 16, 2011

Grateful

I hope everyone takes time often to stop and realize how blessed they are.
I sure do.
Although, it bothers me how easy it is to forget.
Why is that?
I think about that often, too. Why is it so easy to start complaining and forget how many blessings we have?
I have every reason to be the happiest person on earth.
Growing up my mom taught us to replace the word lucky with blessed. I love that.
I truly am so very blessed.
I have grown up a member of The Church of Jesus Christ, I come from an incredible family with parents who love and respect each other and siblings who have become best friends. I married an amazing man who is my very best friend, my in-laws are all wonderful, (honestly, I could not have hand picked better in-laws, I love them all)!, I have a beautiful healthy daughter, and I get orange sticks every year for Christmas :) Life is Good!!
Really, sometimes I am just in "awe" about my life and am so grateful for my many blessings.
I think if I started making a list of all my blessings I would be overcome with all I have been given, and I would have a more humble and grateful heart.
I think I just might do that. A list that I will keep adding to throughout the years.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom told me that once (to say blessed instead of lucky) and I have never forgotten it. What a great attitude to have! Thanks for your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete