Friday, May 6, 2011

Mothers Day

I know it's not Mothers Day yet but I have been thinking about my mom a lot in anticipation of Sunday. Wow where to even begin, I have no idea.

To simply put it, my mother is incredible.
She is beautiful, sweet, sooo fun, caring, hilarious, sensitive, loving, tender, and all things good.
I love her with my whole heart.
She is the kind of mom and friend everyone wants to have.

My mom was blessed to be able to stay at home with us kids growing up and it was such a blessing to us kids in return. I have 4 siblings and we are all so close to my mom. No kidding- I'm the youngest, all my siblings are married but we ALL still talk to my mom at least once a day. We are a close family and I love it. :)

My mom is to take a lot of credit for that. She is definitely the heart of the home.
She has always been so supportive, and encouraging of everything good us kids wanted to do growing up. There was never any doubt whether or not family came first, she showed us that we were #1. And to me, hands down the best nurturer out there.

I can't even tell you how many times my mom has been the answer to my prayers. She is so sensitive to the Spirit and will lend a helping hand wherever she can. Selfless is another good word to use to describe my mom.

I know I would not be where I am today without my mom. She is an INCREDIBLE teacher. I have learned so very much through her example and her patience in teaching.

My mom and I do so much together. She is the first friend I call to go do something, the one I can talk to about anything, the one who knows me so well, the one I can always count on, the one I ALWAYS have a blast with.

So Thank you mom, thank you for being so wonderful.

I have so many wonderful memories with you and from you I learned so much of what I know now. I feel so blessed to be your daughter and try to make you proud. I love you more than you know- you are so very special to me. I hope I can be the kind of mother to my children that you are to me.

Happy Mothers Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. You make me cry Rachel. You are too good to me, Thanks for making motherhood a joy! I love having my family as my best friends. You are a wonderful mother and Sadie is sooooo blessed. Thanks for letting me be a part of you and your friends lives. You are special and I love you! Yes, Life Is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post! Your mom really IS amazing. I love her fun sense of humor, her dance moves, and her example of so many good things. She is a great woman! Go Dolly!!
    We are so blessed to have great moms.

    ReplyDelete