Sunday, April 3, 2011

Moments

Wonderful things have happened lately that I want to make sure I don't forget.

I don't want to forget the way I sat in our rocking chair one calm, quiet Sunday morning a couple weeks ago and just held my baby girl and read books to her. Then I put the books down and she calmly just let me keep holding her and rocking her all while my husbands cello music of hymns was playing in the background. It was a very spiritual moment for me. One of those moments where "all is right in the world." I felt such a powerful connection with my family and such an overwhelming love for them. I love those moments.

I don't want to forget that just this last weekend I got to see the mom of the family I nannied for in CT. It's been 2.5 years since I have seen them and it was so so fun to see the mom! We were both in SLC for a mutual wedding and it was such a fun day! Memories kept flooding back and I just could not be more grateful to this family for letting me be there nanny a few years back. It was a huge growing experience for me in so many ways. As I was with the mom throughout the day I felt so much love for her and the whole family. I can't explain it, but that whole day was totally incredible.

Tonight my husband and I finished reading the Book of Mormon for the third time together. We have been very very consistent in making sure we do our family scripture study every day. I could probably count on one hand the days we have forgotten to read scriptures in the last 2 years and almost 4 months that we've been married. I don't want to forget the way we looked at each other tonight and just smiled. Words didn't have to be said. It was a feeling of pure joy, a feeling of knowing we're doing the right thing. We were so proud of ourselves. I'm so grateful for such an incredible husband who has helped me understand better and learn more about the scriptures. And now that we have a baby girl we always make sure to read the scriptures before we put her to bed. Even though she is young it's very important to us that our daughter is with us when we read the scriptures. I know she can feel the Spirit.

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome Rach. You are such a great example to me! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you for this! I love reading the Book of Mormon with my sweet husband! We are into our 2nd time reading it together. And we too can count on one hand how many times we have missed. It is a wonderful feeling! Even when we are apart (like this last weekend when I was with you) we make sure to call each other before our normal bed time and read it. I love those prayers we get to say together when apart as well. It brings you so close even though you are so far away. I know you know the feeling! :) I love you and it was sooo wonderful to see you, your sweet baby and your amazing mom this weekend. Ooh how it was wonderful! And reading this sweet blog of yours makes me so excited for that one day that I am a mom!!! Thank you for your continuous wonderful example and spirit! I love you! You mean so much to me!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet comments. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it a great blessing to be married to someone who has a strong commitment to the gospel and honors his priesthood? Those two ingredients add so much peace and happiness to marriage.

    Also, you gotta love those moments of peace when everything feels perfect. My little boy was sick the other day so I snuggled with him on the couch for his nap, and Kirk came in the room and beamed when he saw us all cuddled up. As he smiled at us, I could FEEL how much Kirk loves us. Precious moments indeed. :o)

    Thanks for your posts, I love reading them. They are very uplifting.

    ReplyDelete