Saturday, March 19, 2011

What a week!

Sheesh! What a week! It was great and not so great.

In our small, old basment apartment we had some flooding this week. In our bedroom. We pulled up the carpet and GOODNIGHT!!! we had a lot of water and it stunk sooooo bad! Old basement + not very good air circulation + flooding = nasty moldy musty smell! Oooh it really was so gross. Bless our hearts. So I called the sweet lady that lives upstairs and she had some people come over and take a look.

Well they vaccumed up water, put in a dehumidifier (sp?) and two huge fans. I thought the problem was going to get fixed. Then the next morning I go in there and there is more water! I couldn't believe it! So these people had to come over and fix it again.

The hubs and I camped out in the living room for about 3 nights, each day just putting our mattress up against the wall in the kitchen. :( My house is not always spotless, but I like things somewhat organized and I feel like I can't totally relax when a room is "under construction", you know?

The floors finally dried, but they did not fix the leaking problem. They said they are going to do that in the summer. So I'm still a little nervous for the next time it rains/snows.

On the brighter side...

I got my carpets professionally cleaned!! Oh wow it felt sooo good! I told the carpet man our situation in our bedroom and he was kind enough to mix up a disinfectant deodorizer to put on our carpets first to get out the smell. My basement now smells like fresh oranges :) (hopefully it lasts!) Then the hubs and I cleaned the house really well mopping the floors and everything. I feel like I can finally relax and walk on my floor bare foot. It feels wonderful. I really can testify that the Spirit can be felt more in a clean home.

Then last night I got to go to a concert put on by Alfie Boe and the orchestra my husband is in. It was amazing. Alfie Boe is incredible and the orchestra did incredible as well- thanks to an awesome extremely talented director (my brother in law) and of course my husband playing his cello flawlessly! (Yes- I will always brag about how wonderful my husband is, because he is!)

Tonight I watched BYU play an awesome basketball game! I love sports. Always have. And yes, my husband and I, like almost everyone else, have become huge Jimmer Fredette fans! He is amazing. Tonight was a great game to watch! Go Cougs!

Then this evening as I was driving home I got to stop by and see a very very dear friend of mine who I haven't seen in a year! (she was in town seeing relatives) We only got a few minutes together but it was heaven! We gave each other a big bear hug and just chatted for a bit. I loved it. This friend is so special to me and we have such a neat connection. I truly love her with my whole heart!

Now I'm home relaxing, my little angel is peacefully sleeping and I am blogging. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment