Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Great Day!

Yesterday my husband and I got to go to the temple. It was so wonderful. I love the feeling I get everytime I go to the temple. A feeling of peace, of being at home, and a feeling of just being in the right place. It always feels right to be there. Especially with my husband. It was heaven.



Then an hour after the temple we headed to the adult session of stake conference. That too was wonderful! We walked in a few minutes late but the minute I walked in I heard the stake president say, "I feel impressed to tell you all to be happy. Whatever circumstance or part of life you're in find joy in the journey." (that's not word for word but it was something like that) It was exactly what I needed to hear! I think we all need reminders to be happy wherever we are.

When a speaker shared some thoughts on marriage I remembered a paper I got at a relief society activity last month entitled 100 Ways You Can Love Your Husband HIS way. (you can just google it and it will come up) I love it! It has some great advice! I thought I'd share a few...
*Focus on what he's doing right, instead of the negatives
*When you go on a date don't bring up problems, just have fun!
*Show interest in what he feels is important in life
*Recognize that the first few minutes after a spouse comes home often sets the stage for how the rest of the evening will go. So make it positive!
*Compliment him often
*Show him you need him
*Give him time to be alone
*Pray for him
*Brag about him to other people
*Look your best- make him proud to be seen with you
*Defend him if anyone talks disrespectfully about him
*Cheer his successes
*Thank him for just being himself

Anyway, it was a GREAT day! A lot of spiritual feeding which is always needed.

But now my little angel is in bed and I'm going to go spend time with my husband :)

No comments:

Post a Comment