Sunday, May 6, 2012

Content

A few weeks ago I found myself constantly thinking of Idaho and how our time here is coming to a close. Anytime change is creeping closer I think a person naturally thinks ahead. I kept thinking about my family, my friends back home, and all the exciting adventures that await us there. Our baby is going to be born in Idaho so  naturally that is also on my mind. We've started looking at housing there, and our landlord here is starting to show our apartment to other families- another reminder the clock is ticking.  I almost found myself wishing our time away here, as if I was already "checking out."
Then, a couple of weeks ago my daughter and I were taking a drive exploring some new roads. I was in awe of how beautiful the scenery around us was and I will never forget the Spirit whispering to me so softly in the car to not take for granted the little time we have left here. It really touched my heart because I almost hadn't realized that I had somewhat "checked out."
I know the Lord has blessed me so much because after that neat experience everything changed. I find myself clinging to Pennsylvania and everything and everyone around me. We have made some lasting, incredible friendships here that have changed us for the better. We've been privileged to be in a ward that has become like family. I've had a lot of tender moments lately that have made me stop and think, "Can I really leave this place?" There are so many wonderful things about the east that are dear to my heart. We've done so much learning and growing together as a family here. I feel so much love in my heart for everything and everyone around me. Pennsylvania feels like home.
So much so, that it's hard to think of leaving. Idaho is not in the forefront of my mind and I'm not ready to go back. When the time is here for us to go home I'm sure we'll be ready but until then we have an exciting, fun summer planned with lots more memories still to be created. I am happy where I am and that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment