Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lady A



Last Saturday a friend and I had the privilege of going to a Lady Antebellum concert!!! It was such a blast! Anyone who knows me knows I am a HUGE country music fan. As I've mentioned in an earlier post, my friend and I got a great deal and we will be attending 5 or 6 more country concerts this summer. :) Ahooa! Of course we both wish our husbands were doing this with us but it will still be fun nonetheless. My husband encouraged me to do this and he is happy to watch our daughter while I do so. And yes, we are poor. Yes we are in thousands of dollars of debt. Yes we are careful with our money. But yes, we still need to live life. Yes this will probably be our only year in Pennsylvania. Yes this is probably the only time in life I could do this. Yes we are treating ourselves to adventures out here because it's important.
So, that being said, what a fun night it was! Thompson Square and Darius Rucker opened for them and they were quite amazing too. Darius Rucker sang a few of his Hooty and the Blowfish songs which the crowds went crazy over. He was way more entertaining than I expected and sounded fantastic live! Lady A of course rocked it with so much talent and we were singing along with their songs. I don't think I could pick a favorite of theirs although "Need you now" and "Just a kiss" are definitely among the top!
I will say though, I missed my husband and daughter dearly. When Darius Rucker sang "It won't be like this for long" I found myself getting so emotional thinking of my daughter and how fast she's growing up. I wanted so bad to kiss her chubby cheeks and hold her tight. Looking around at the people around me and realizing how different concerts in Jersey were than in Idaho and Utah, I found myself wanting to wrap my arms around my husband and tell him how incredible he is and that I'm so grateful he holds the priesthood and is respectful. I found myself feeling sad for all the people there who were so lost and had no idea that there is so much more to life. When we arrived home I gave my husband a huge hug and clung to him for a bit just being so grateful for the man he is and then I went in to check on my sleeping daughter and I just got tears in my eyes as I looked at her peaceful, pure, innocent, beautiful body and felt the Spirit radiating from her so strongly. I whispered to her that I loved her, softly stroked her face, and then I quietly left.
So, it was a great learning experience for me in several personal ways that made me a better, more content mother and wife. But don't get me wrong- the concert itself was fantastic and I am very, very excited for the concerts coming up! I even had some small missionary opportunities with my neighbor and I'm hoping for more to come.

So, next Saturday we will be singing along with Miranda Lambert!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You are way too cool for school, Rach. Looking forward to pics from Miranda Lambert's concert... :o)

    ReplyDelete