Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Re-Focusing

Yesterday late afternoon my husband and I were a bit on edge. Not upset, but feeling some anxiety. We were both trying to stay calm but we could both feel it between us as we talked about it. A few things have come up about the boating accident we were in last year and it hasn't been easy. I've been quite optimistic and full of faith about everything but yesterday afternoon was hard.
Anyway, we were in the kitchen together preparing dinner for the missionaries and I told my husband this would be a great night to have the missionaries over for dinner because they will help us feel at peace. And they did. We love to feed and serve the missionaries and they always bring such an added Spirit to our home. We fixed their favorite- whole wheat oatmeal pancakes with coconut syrup. Along with some turkey bacon, eggs, and peppers all mixed together. Yum! Anyway, after dinner the elders shared a message with us and of course encouraged us to do missionary work. After they left I thought some more on what they had shared and how it went along with my own thoughts lately.
I haven't been as missionary minded the past few months and I've become aware of that. Monday night I gave the lesson for Family Home Evening and we talked a bit about missionary work and how we need to see everyone as a child of God and as what they can become. We discussed how we need to take advantage of these last few months here and really work on being member missionaries. So, when the elders asked if there was anything they could do for us I asked if they would please give me a Book of Mormon. I told them if I have one on hand it will give me the courage and the extra push I need to give it away. They gladly accepted and my husband and I both have a Book of Mormon to prayerfully place in someone's hands.
Lately, as I've prayed for missionary experiences, tried to become more missionary minded and as the elders were talking to us last night the same girl has popped into my head. I can't even remember her name but she has come to mind every time I've prayed or talked about missionary work. She is a nanny and I've run into her at two different parks. I feel drawn to her and find her on my mind a lot. I'm now praying to meet her again soon so that I can talk to her about the church and give her a Book of Mormon. I think she'll be at a library reading time next Tuesday so I will try to meet her there. I love this gospel and I'm excited to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment