Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Jumble of thoughts

I've had a lot of reminders lately of what's most important in life. It's been wonderful. I have really felt the Spirit working through me and it's been very rewarding and uplifting.

The biggest thing on my mind right now is our conversation last night with our neighbor, Paula. She is such a sweetheart and a very dear friend. She came over to study with my husband because they go to school together. *Now let me back track for a minute- we've been in this missionary sunday school class and it's been incredible and I'm really being missionary minded and trying to open my mouth more. So, as Paula was here last night I asked my husband when we were speaking in church to hopefully stir up a conversation. Paula started asking questions and we talked about her church and our church for almost two hours. She didn't go back to her house til a quarter to midnight. It was so neat. The three of us sat in the living room and had a very respectful discussion about our religions asking and answering each others questions. I loved every minute of it. Our conversation is all I've been able to think about since then.

Then just barely I finished reading a friends blog who is pregnant but there are complications and it's a very extremely slim chance the baby will make it to birth. In her blog she is writing letters to her baby. It's so tender and so inspiring. I had my husband read some of them and he teared up too.

My daughter has done some of the sweetest things lately. She knows how to suck in her cheeks and make a fish face. so the other day she kept doing her fish face to me and pointing at the cupboard and then I realized what she was trying to communicate to me- she wanted her goldfish crackers :)

Yesterday as I was putting my daughter down for her nap I just wanted to hold her. I needed her, needed to snuggle with her and just have that bond for a minute. So instead of my usual routine I just held her until she fell asleep. I haven't done that in forever and it felt so good. She opened her eyes when I layed her down so I stroked her forhead and swept the hair off her face and then she fell asleep so peacefully.

We always sing a song, pray, and read scriptures before bedtime. I love that my daughter will sometimes fold her arms right after we sing because she knows it's time for prayer. I love that she points to the scriptures and says "Jesus." We didn't teach her that but she knows. I was in a hurry one evening to go somewhere so I suggested to atleast have family prayer before I left and then my husband and daughter could read scriptures later when it got closer to bedtime. Well, after family prayer my daughter got up and went and grabbed the scriptures. My heart melted. Children's spirits are so sensitive. It's no wonder we are told to be like them. They understand a lot.

I love my family. We are all healthy and happy and I couldn't ask for more.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing what you do, and being the example you are. I love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete