Friday, February 10, 2012

Today

Today was a great day! I don't know why, but I feel like writing it down. I don't want to forget it. Perhaps I'll need to look back on it in the future. I got up at 5:00, exercised, came home and made my family baked oatmeal for breakfast (sooo good)! Then after we all got ready we took my husband to school and then my daughter and I went to a couple of stores. I was able to find her 3 skirts for the summer for $1.50 each. If you know me, I am extremely frugal and will rarely buy anything full price so this put a smile to my face (thanks Walmart). Then we came home, played catch, read some books, vacuumed, and mopped the floors. Then it was nap time so I took to scrubbing the bathroom and cleaning up the rest of the house, read a couple conference talks, fb, pinterest, blogs,...etc. Then the mail came- two packages!! one, a cell phone for me (I have been without a cell phone for a week after leaving it on the subway) :( We had an extra spare one in the family so we didn't even have to pay for a new phone. thanks mom!! Then two, my sister sent us a package with some clothes for my daughter and some cute valentines! She is so thoughtful and always calling to see what we need. She has such a big heart. She's always thinking of others. Love you sis! I talked to my hubby letting him know I had a phone again and he informed me he and some other guys in the ward needed to help move chairs with the elders quorum right after school and that the elders quorum would provide pizza for all them. I'm happy to have my husband serve but it's a big bummer when he says he'll be home later than originally planned. I've felt quite lonely this week, it's been hard, so I thought no way am I just going to hang out alone all evening til he's done! so I called up all the wives and had them come over for dinner since our husbands were together having pizza. It ended up being so fun! It was way chill- they all came over and I just fixed quesadillas and cut up some veggies and made a cookie dough graham cracker dip. We had a great time and I was ready for some socializing. After everyone left, we had family prayer, song and scripture study and now the sound of the dishwasher is going and my little girl is tucked into bed and I'm going to go make my husband stop studying for the night so we can be together. It's been a great day, a hard week for me in some other ways, but writing out my day like this has helped me to see the good in it and how blessed I am. Perhaps that's why I felt I needed to write it down.

1 comment: