Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Birthday Girl!!!

My precious daughter turned 1 today! Believe me, my husband and I were proud parents. We wanted to make it the perfect day for her. We decorated the house last night when she went to bed so it would all be waiting for her when she woke up. It turned out great! She woke up this morning and just kept saying "wow" at everything. It was so cute! That's been her famous word lately. We spent the morning as a family and then headed to the zoo for the afternoon. She loved the zoo!!! So did I. I could look at animals all day! And she was fortunate to have both sets of grandparents with her, along with her friend Dalton :) It was awesome! Then we headed to Pizza Hut for lunch and then back home for the big celebration! We had cake and ice cream and presents to open. She did so great and she totally took in every minute of it. She is such a social butterfly and loved all the attention!
I love this girl sooooo much. I think back over the past year at her growth and it amazes me how many changes there are in one year! Oh my goodness, that song "don't blink" by Kenny Chesney is so true! I just cannot get enough of her. It really isn't possible to hug your child or kiss their cheeks enough!
So, to my daughter, I want to say what a joy you have been and always will be! You have added an amazing dimension to our family and an everlasting impact upon me and daddy. This last year has been simply incredible. You have taught us so much, in so many ways. We have grown more together as a family and our love for you grows leaps and mounds each day. Thank you for being patient, as daddy and I are learning right along with you. You are so very special to us and we are so blessed to be your parents. You have such a sweet, tender spirit that radiates and touches everyone around you. We love you so much. Happy Birthday bug!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a fun milestone for you guys! She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to all you said. She is darling!

    ReplyDelete