Saturday, February 5, 2011

Milestones

Today my sweet baby girl started crawling! What??? It seems like I just brought her home from the hospital. Time flies.

I was such a proud mama as I watched her determination and courage to move on her own. She is my little sweetheart! For a small moment tears came to my eyes as I watched her. It was one more step to becoming more independent. I felt a small but real glimpse of what it's going to be like to let her do things on her own- to watch her grow and learn and experience things herself. And as much as I'd like to just swaddle her and keep her as my baby I know she needs to grow and experience life. It might seem like I'm overreacting a bit, but this was a big milestone today, for my baby and for me.

I'm grateful for these small reminders- reminders to cherish every minute because children grow up so fast! Oh how I love my little sweetheart! I'm so proud of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment